Pay: $20 – $26 per hour
CQC Home is a remodeler based in Durham and Raleigh, owned by a man who has lived in Durham his whole life. We are committed to this community and see the remodeling process as an integral way to improve it. We care deeply about our clients and are committed to providing the very best experience from start to finish.
In this role, you will work directly under the supervision of a qualified Lead Carpenter and construct, erect, install, and repair structures and fixtures of wood, plywood, metal studs, and drywall using the carpenter’s hand tools and power tools, while conforming to local building codes.
- Helping install foundations, walls, floors, ceilings, and roofs using materials such as: wood, steel, metal, concrete, plastics, and composites of multiple materials
- Assisting with fitting and installing window frames, doors, door frames, door hardware, interior and exterior trim using a carpenters level, plumb bob, and laser levels
- Erecting scaffolding, ladders for assembling structures above ground levels.
- Positioning and holding timbers, lumber, or paneling in place for fastening or cutting
- Selecting tools, equipment, and/or materials from storage and transport items to work site
- Cleaning work areas, machines, or equipment, to maintain a clean and safe job site
- Holding plumb bobs, sighting rods, or other equipment to aid in establishing reference points and lines
- Cutting timbers, lumber and/or paneling to specified dimensions, and drilling holes in timbers or lumber
- Smoothing or sanding surfaces to remove ridges, tool marks, glue, or caulking
- Eagerness and willingness to learn
- Strong working knowledge of job site safety as well as ability to complete a company specific safety orientation
- High standard of integrity and professionalism
- At least 2 years of carpentry experience
Experience: Mid-Level (4 – 7 years)
Job Type: Full Time
- Paid Time Off
- Quality Bonus Structure