Although most of us tend to cringe at the mention of gutters, those shallow troughs fixed beneath the edge of your roof are crucial to have and maintain. Mold remediation, termite damage and deteriorating structure supports are some of the repairs you are potentially facing if you don’t. And all of these repair services sound uber expensive, don’t they? That’s because they unquestionably are!
Having gutter guards installed will lessen the amount of labor required compared to normal gutters. Plus, you can prevent possible falls and unnecessary costs. Here’s our guide to assist you with your gutter guard selection.
Five Types of Gutter Guards
Mesh • Metal sheets with tiny holes attach to the roof shingles and cover your gutters.
Reverse Curve • Designed to direct water downward while diverting the leaves to the ground.
Bottle Brush • Made of bristles that face upright inside the gutter, debris rests on top while water flows beneath.
Nylon • Works particularly well in the winter due to their unique design which prevents snow building up and freezing.
Foam • These are actually made of plastic that fit directly into your gutters and help stop debris from going into the gutter.
Benefits of Gutter Guards
- They can be added to existing gutters
- Prevent birds and rodents from nesting in gutters
- Easier and less frequently need to be cleaned
- Hinder build-up of stagnant water in your gutters, which could otherwise back up and overflow into your home or serve as a breeding ground for insects
- Protect gutters from rust and rot by impeding moisture and debris
- Facilitate more efficient rainwater harvesting by improving the flow of water and filtering out
Snap-in gutter guards are the most popular guards that we install. Our clients appreciate the low maintenance and how quickly we can install this style of guards for them. They are available in most brands. To guarantee your gutters are protected, properly draining, and in mint condition year round, having us spend a little time on the outside of your home is the way to go!